Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I vanished into library land over the summer with back to back programs. Then I had a personal crisis that took me completely away from the library. I apologize for not posting for so long. On my first post back, I am here to blog about one of my favorite series The Last Apprentice by Joseph Delaney. I just finished reading The Lure of the Dead and like a broken record, I am here to say again that I love this series! I am so personally invested in the lives of Tom, Alice, The Spook and even Grimalkin at this point. Joseph Delaney is just brilliant. I'm hooked. If you are waiting for this book, it is here at the library ready for you. If you haven't even read this series, come in today and start at the beginning.

This series is a hit on some many levels. Number one being that it is an easy read that compels you forward. Then as you dive further in you can see so many different themes being played out. Love, friendship, the battle between good and evil, the fact that there are not always clear divisions between the two and how true that relates to life, in addition to Joseph Delaney bringing the reader along for the ride. You can feel the tension from the characters. That's how good this author is for me. As always, it comes at a perfect time with creepy Halloween around the corner.

No comments: